Monday 7 May 2018

Sewing part 4

The first - neutral toned- quilt I made for my lovely friend, ended up on her daughter Miss H's bed that night! Even though I had specifically "not put any pink or purple in it" so Miss H  wouldn't  claim it!
Of course the only solution was to spend the weekend sewing one just for Miss H, in all the bright, jewelled tones ( opposite to her mother's quilt!).  I found a piece of pink pinwale cord for the back, and already had plenty of rainbow strips pre cut from the baby quilt I made late last year. So it was quite quick to whizz the strips together, plus a couple for the back, make some bias binding and put it all together. I love the bright colours. And so did Miss H!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous. Love the strips of colour what a fab idea to back with cord (I have some velvet in my stash that I wasn't sure what to do with now I know! thanks :))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!