Sunday 24 September 2017

It's HAMA time!

I bought a Hama beads kit years ago when the boys were in primary school.  I found that having an activity to do on a playdate after kinder or school worked well, especially when it was a friend visiting for the first time.  Some kids are more easy to entertain than others!

Decorating cup cakes or cutting out biscuit shapes- the kids could then go & play, & come back to decorate the biccies- was always a hit. Or even something as simple as a good variety of bubble blowers worked well- outside in the backyard of course!

The hama beads proved a bit more tricky, so we used them more with just us! We had fun making Star Wars  decorations for the Christmas tree last year, and I made a heap of minecraft creeper badges for a handmade party bag for Tigerboy's 9th birthday ( gosh was it really that long ago?!)

Between spotlight, Ikea, op shops and an on line craft store, I have quite a collection of hama beads and frames 
Which came in handy recently when I decided to make some rainbow heart brooches- I got a bit carried away and made a dozen!

2 comments:

  1. Cute brooches! We had some of those beads and frames - but I haven't come across them since the big move. Wonder if my son took them, or threw them out, or I sent them to an op shop, or if they are still in a box in the shed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully they are still in the shed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!