Tuesday 11 July 2017

Crafty coincidence?

I had a quick browse in Savers today, looking through the fabric, patterns,  and craft book section (yep, I did not look at the clothes at all!) Well I was wearing my new favourite (yet to be blogged) top I made from fabric found on my last trip to Savers, plus a scarf made from a silk scrap found at the nearby Don Bosco op shop!

I spotted this funky piece of Ikea fabric, I liked it but it didn't have a price on it,  so I left it and headed over to the books while I thought it over.

 I found quite a lot of interesting looking craft books, so I stacked them on a nearby table to sort through.  I weeded out a few, and kept 2 on pattern making/ fitting, and this book of assorted projects ( clothes, bags, gifts, quilts etc) which as some nice patterns.

I like these 2 simple strip quilts. Definitely planning on making more quilts now I have made my first!  

But imagine my suprise when I spotted this cushion pattern in the book- just look at the fabric used, the very same Ikea fabric I had just looked at!!! 
I figured it was a sign, so I went back & took the fabric off the shelf (turns out it was $5 which I think was more than the book cost!!!)   Might just have to make it into a cushion! 

3 comments:

  1. Definately a sign! Great finds. Being doing a little cloth sewing myself for the kiddos. Must get some pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing some photos of your latest projects!

      Delete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!