Sunday 9 April 2017

Sewing spirograph circles

Long term readers might recall a little op shop treasure  I found a couple of years ago- a janome "spiral stitcher".

The instructions left a bit to be desired, but I managed to figure it out. The tricky bit was getting the speed right- the instructions say to sew at half speed but my machine doesn't have that option.
They turned out really well, so cool!  Now I just have to think what to do next- use it on a bag, or maybe for a pocket? And I need to try some rainbow thread  next time too!

3 comments:

  1. WOW so cool! and using a normal sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I've never seen one of those before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so silly that it took me so long to try it out! I really should try and film it in action, it is quite fascinating to watch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!