Tuesday 1 November 2016

Halloween 2016 #1

Tigerboy spotted this awesome steampunk mask in a party shop recently, but I wasn't going to pay $40 for a bit of plastic that may only get used once! Luckily there was a craft shop just around the corner, where we found a plain white cardboard mask and a roll of plaster bandage for about $4 each. 

A rummage through the shed and my craft supplies yielded an assortment of interesting bits and pieces.  Gold glue gun glue ( I knew that would come in handy one day!), some black and gold paint and a couple of hours' creating - I think it looks as good as the bought one!

2 comments:

  1. Hand-made is always better! You did a great job on this.

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I have been wanting to try the plaster bandage stuff for ages and it was brilliant! Trying to think of some other ways to use it now...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!