Friday 19 August 2016

My new favorite top/ pattern

Lately I have been thinking of trying some different sewing ideas and filling some wardrobe " gaps". So I have been  looking for a pattern for a non- stretch t- shirt  style top. Then I realized that Butterick 3383, found in an op shop earlier this year, might fit the bill.
The size and shape compares well to my all time fave Peppermint jersey top, and I erred on the side of caution and made the neck a bit bigger to make sure it would fit over my head without the need for a fastening.

I found some gorgeous fabric at the indian shop in Glenroy, the fabric was labelled " butter silk"  I think, and it feels quite divine! Plus it was about $4 a metre! I am super pleased with the top and have a second one - same fabric, differen print & colour, cut out ready to sew, with 2 more planned! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Bet it was super fast to make up too. Putting that shop on my to visit list! Just googled the address I go to the PO all the time! no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is a handy little shop, if I need some thread or buttons on my way home, but I had never really looked at the fabric before - you have to go further in the store & look past the sari fabrics and sparkly stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!