Monday 3 August 2015

Raglan sleeve success!

I can't believe I haven't posted any photos of these two tops yet. I was ridiculously excited when I made my first raglan tee recently. I had been wanting to try one, looking at my opshop pattern collection, and then remembered the book " Sew U Home Stretch". Raglan sleeve tee pattern included! I did my usual check for size against my favourite peppermint tee pattern, cut, sewed according to the instructions, and tah dah-


- there was just enough neon yellow left, plus a metre of matching back fabric purchased at the same time, to make this. ( Doesn't show up as bright as it actually is, but there wasn't much sunshine today when I took the photos.

Then I made another one, again with scraps - a less than half metre floral remnant donated by a friend, matched with some black jersey-


Think this had become my new favourite top. Must play around with patterns and cut out some more.
But I have mainly been busy sewing fabric buckets and rope bowls for the upcoming market, so probably won't get any clothes sewing done til after the market! A dozen rope bowls made now, about 10 fabric buckets with another half doz still to sew. Had quite a production line at craft group last Wednesday & got most of the buckets sewn up. Still to sew - pins on brooches, then make some more knitted necklaces. Maybe some more kids' hama bead brooches too. Busy busy!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!