Tuesday 14 April 2015

Sewing by hand ...

I have been doing some interesting hand sewing lately. In bursts. It is hard work. Tricky to sew, tricky just to hold on to too. Not exactly a nice portable/ sit on the couch & watch tv while sewing project. I need to sit at the kitchen table to sew this one-


It is no where near finished yet. The ribbon tags were sewn into the fabric backing with the sewing machine. That was the easy part. The rest is hard slog sewing extra heavy duty thread, with a heavy duty needle, through a series of industrial carpet offcuts.







- you can see how thick the pieces are compared to the size of the reel of thread. Thank goodness I bought that silicone thimble at the craft show 2 years ago!
I need to get it finished to take it to work, but I think I need to take a break for tonight and attack it again tomorrow.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. That looks incredibly difficult. I hope you manage to get through it soon.

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished and delivered to our lovely OT at work! The really thick prickly black stuff was the toughest to sew through, the others weren't so bad. If I make any more I will skip trying to glue the pieces on first, since it didn't hold anyway & was a pain to sew through.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!