Monday 9 March 2015

Retro 70's tunic top

By random chance a few weeks back, I looked in the box marked " aprons" at the op shop. A lovely blue & green floral print caught my eye. Hmmm I thought... Could it work as a top?






And the answer is YES!

It took a bit of mucking around...I think I sewed and unpicked the back seam about 4 times, and it is still far from perfect. Tucking the green bias binding in underneath and out of sight around the arm holes helped it look less apron- ish, as did making some new binding from excess fabric trimmed from the back panel, and using it to trim the neckline, which also improved the look. - Whoever made the original apron put a lot of work into it- flat felled seams and lots of panels too. And did I mention it even has pockets!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. That's some brilliant re-purposing! I love the colours.

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great Dianne! I hope you enjoyed your well-earned rest after the fete. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, such a lovely surprise to see you at the fete too! I didn't realise just how worn out I was until I sat down Sunday night - and could not stand up again!

      Delete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!