Tuesday 26 February 2013

Quick and easy dinner

It may not look like much, but this is a great chicken curry. With this hot weather we have had lately, I just don't turn the oven on! I try to get some baking for the lunch boxes done Sunday morning, and that is it. Any other cooking is stovetop only!
This one is very quick & easy.
Chop 2 chicken breasts & brown in frying pan. Add a couple of finely chopped spring onions, 1 tspn curry powder. Cook for a minute or two. Then add 1 tin coconut milk, and a couple of spoons of fruit chutney. ( we tried 2 teaspoons first time, now we put in half a jar. Small jar, rosella brand I think). Serve with rice, and steamed beans or broccolini ( we put it on after cooking, cos the kids are just starting to eat green veges!). Quick, easy, ingredients always at hand, and everyone eats it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!