Thursday 31 January 2013

Quilt Exhibition - "Dear Jane" quilts

Flipping through the current RACV magazine today, there are a couple of interesting listing in the ART/CRAFT  events section.  Coming up the weekend after next, 8-10 February, at the Box Hill Town Hall, is the "Dear Jane" quilt exhibition. We will definitely be going because my very talented quilting mother in law has a quilt in the exhibition! Google  "Dear Jane" and look here for some amazing pictures and the fascinating history of this quilt design.
Also coming up is the "festival of glass" in Drysdale, 17 February. Caught my eye because I was re-reading my pile of "Making" craft magazines during the hols, and saw an ad for a similar event in the UK.  I have always been fascinated by glass blowing, and the kids stood for ages watching a cool necklace piece being made at a craft market in the Northcote town hall last year sometime.  We were also  talking about leadlighting with the kids the other night, watching "Restoration Home" on the ABC, the house had an amazing collection of lead light/stained glass windows - so this would be a great chance to see some close up, and watch how it is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!