Wednesday 9 November 2011

Entertaining the family...













You know I love my girls, so when the rain started bucketing down this evening, it was blowing straight into the chook house, and we were worried that it would get all wet inside (and might damage the amazing self-feeder device my H built the other weekend). So I donned a raincoat and braved the rain to go and shut the door, thinking the girls were all inside. But no - of course the cheeky things came running out again as soon as I came out the back door, hoping I might have food for them!
They would NOT go up the ramp and back inside, so with the rain pouring down ( and my H and the boys watching out the dining room window) I proceeded to let the chooks out into the back yard - of course they jumped at the chance to run out and eat some fresh grass, never mind the weather! - I shut the door and gate behind them, because I knew it would be quicker to catch them and put them in the chook house through the back door (where we put the food in and collect the eggs) than wait all night in the rain for them to go in by themselves. The first 2 were easy - I scooped them both up together and shoved them in the door, but the other 2 I had to chase around the back yard one at a time! The last one (tricky to tell them apart when they are wet, but I'm guessing it was Amy because she is the smartest and cheekiest) put up a bit of a chase around the yard. Of course the boys inside thought it was hilarious, but hey, it worked!

PS craft group is back on this Monday night, 7:30pm at the PO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!