Wednesday 16 March 2011

May the force be with you...

We took the boys to the MSO Pops "John Williams" concert on Saturday night.  It was FANTASTIC and the boys loved it  - so did we! I got the double album- yeah, vinyl-soundtrack for my 11th birthday, and listened to it over and over.  I ate through countless boxes of weeties to try and collect all 10 posters in the series.  So it was a no brainer that as soon as the JediKid showed the slightest interest in Star Wars,     I was in like Flynn!  
The boys sat through a 2 1/2 hour classical music concert with no problems at all, talking loudly only once, in about the 3rd piece in, when music obsessed ( and listening intently)  Tigerboy suddenly proclaimed "there's a piano". We went for a walk up to the front to show them the instruments at interval, and to point out that yes, there was indeed a piano on the stage!
As we stood up to leave, the couple behind us told us "your boys were so well behaved, that was a long concert to sit through and they were so good!". Which was lovely to hear, although I did explain that they have been humming the Star Wars theme non stop for pretty much the last 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!